Monday, February 27, 2012

Retirement

After almost 6 years of training, Mason has decided to officially retire from Taekwondo. So, I thought it would be fun to take a walk down memory lane.

Mason joined ATA in the fall of 2006 as a Tiny Tiger. He was only in preschool at the time.

Photobucket

Today, Mason is still friends with Sever and Alicia (they are currently 2nd degree black belts).

Photobucket

October 2006, Mason received his first belt (orange).

Photobucket

In December 2006, we used ATA uniforms for our Christmas card.

Photobucket

In December 2007, Mason began sparring for the first time.

Photobucket

In February 2010, Mason tested for his first black belt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In October 2011, Mason tested for his 2nd degree.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess I could be a little sad that his Taekwondo career is coming to an end. I guess I could also be a little sad at how much he has grown in the last 5 1/2 years. Maybe there was a tear in my eye when I saw how young he was when he joined ATA.

However, just because Mason's Taekwondo career is ending doesn't mean that his martial arts training is over. He just tried his first Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class tonight. In 5 years will I have another tear in my eye when I look back at pictures from tonight?

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive