Monday, February 25, 2013

Let's Go Paddling

Mason and I have decided to try a new sport, kayaking. We rented kayaks twice over the past few months and decided that it would be more cost effective to just purchase two entry-level 10 foot kayaks.  We ordered them weeks ago and they finally arrived on Monday.

 photo fa5377d4-b849-46c4-a406-4f26cdaccb22_zpsaef3a050.jpg

We took Mason's out for a spin yesterday.  Why not both?  Well, I have yet to figure out the easiest way to transport both at the same time.  One fits nicely in the back of the mini-van but the second, not so much.

 photo 938d5f7e-93d5-4ec6-b18c-654c17a932f9_zpsd85d52b5.jpg

 photo ca6ba663-48dc-4a6a-9958-35393cace389_zps7fecba47.jpg

I was lucky enough to see a young manatee surface as I paddled around the mangrove island pictured above. More kayaking pictures to come ... 

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive