Thursday, March 22, 2012

Valencias

I thought I smelled citrus, Valencia oranges to be exact.

Photobucket

After picking strawberries and tomatoes, we headed further east to a citrus grove.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A citrus grove is the kind of place where a Florida Cracker can give you a lift on his Gator 4X2 to visit his pet alligator named Hannah. It is the kind of place where a Florida Cracker (who has a pet gator) complains that all his neighbors are "rednecks".

Photobucket

Picking oranges is hard work.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But the reward is very sweet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a long day we came home hot, tired and dusty but we sure had a good time.

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive