Monday, January 2, 2012

We are "with the band"

I have to start this post with a disclaimer. All the photos were taken with my iphone and I cringe with the poor quality of the images. Had Darin and I known we would be attending such a top notch party, we would have take the Nikon.

Darin and I were able to attain tickets to a New Year's Eve party at a private county club. Through ballroom dancing we have come friends with a performing duo called the Manhattan Connection. Since Manhattan Connection was performing at the event the county club allowed the duo to have a table for relatives and friends.

Photobucket

Darin and I were told to dress nicely and arrive at 7 pm for cocktail hour followed by dinner and dancing. We headed to the event blindly without any further details. Once we entered the parking lot we could tell we were in for a treat. Doormen ushered us and other guests wearing tuxedos and ball length gowns into the country club. The decorations were amazing, the centerpieces even changed colors.

Photobucket

The cocktail hour consisted of bowls of ice cold shrimp and warm baked brie.

Photobucket

During dinner we tasted caviar for the first time in our lives. I must admit that I didn't care for it

Photobucket

At midnight there was a champagne toast. The rest of the evening was spent chatting and dancing with our ballroom friends. Since everyone else attending the event were members of the country club they all knew each other. In the beginning, as members approached our table we would all respond "we are with the band." By the end of the evening our table was known as "the dancers". Of course, it helps that one of our friends is a ballroom dance instructor. He is so good that when he steps on the floor everyone stops and watches.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's wishing each and everyone of you a healthy and happy new year!

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive