Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Christmas Cookie

It's seems as though every Christmas that comes and goes has an underlying theme to it. This year's theme was "cookies". I have never seen so many cookies, been given so many cookies and eaten so many cookies as I did during the month of December.

Photobucket

I was given a cookie that was "a blast from the past". My mother used to make these cookie wreaths.

Photobucket

And I was given some new and very creative cookies.

Photobucket

In addition to cookie gifts, I was invited to a Coffee House that served, of all things, cookies!

Photobucket

Mason's 4th grade class hosted a Coffee House to present the poetry that the students had written.

Photobucket

Mason presented his three poems (written on the index cards) to a room full of parents. He spoke slowly, clearly and left the parents laughing at a funny poem.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As usual, Mason couldn't resist being silly.

Photobucket

I have to end this post quickly. I have a little black dress waiting on me. After all, it is New Year's Eve and we have big plans. Hope everyone has fun ringing in 2012.

Photobucket

Happy New Year to All.

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive