Sunday, October 24, 2010

3rd Annual Road Trip

A good friend and I jumped into our minivans this morning and drove to Bradenton, Florida for our third visit to the Hunsader Farms Pumpkin Festival and Corn Maze. With two moms and five kids it is always an adventure. We are afraid our little fall secret is out, this was the most crowded it has ever been and for the first time we recognized some fellow Neapolitans. Still, a great time was had by all!

Shooting ears of corn

The newest attraction, the Amazing Wallendas

Cooling off in the 85 degree weather with shaved ice

While on a road trip someone always feels the need to use the restroom in what I call "the middle of nowhere." Yes, we had to stop at one of those gas stations! You know what I am talking about, the kind where the bathroom is still located outside. The kind that post all of the town's local information on its windows. The kids and I found great humor in reading some of the signs.


Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive