Tonight's birthday girl chose a hummer limo ride for jewelry shopping, pictures at the pier and a fancy dinner.


Someone we all know and love will be celebrating her 16th in January. I heard a rumor that she wants a trip to New York to watch a talk show instead of a party. If that rumor is true, it makes my heart swell. She is just like her mother who much prefers traveling over spending money on a party that only lasts for a few hours. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. However, you notice that I didn't agree to actually take her to NYC. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

In other noteworthy news, we have another musician in the family. I was hoping he would follow in his sister's percussion footsteps but instead he settled on his own instrument, the alto saxophone.

Mason still prefers sports over music but decided to give band a try his 6th grade year. We decided to rent an instrument rather than purchase just in case he changes his mind.
