Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Limo Night

Exactly one week ago today I was blogging about our anniversary celebration with the kids at the Chapel Grill. Unbeknownst to me, Darin had a little surprise up his sleeve for our actual anniversary on the 20th.

After my last class at school on Tuesday I got a text from Darin saying "on my way" then a few minutes later another text saying "almost there." Meanwhile, I am thinking "what the heck is he talking about?". One of my colleagues walked into my classroom and said "there is a limo in the bus loop, is it for you? You are the only person I know celebrating something special today".

Yep, she blew the surprise! It was Darin and he was there to whisk me away for magical evening.

 photo e57c457a-6c72-4333-9460-d22d0eb7c549_zps05423b7e.jpg

Darin thought of every detail. He had sushi from our favorite Sushi Bar and a special wine waiting for me in the limo. He took me to the mall to shop and dropped me off at a nail salon for a pedicure before dinner. We had an amazing seafood dinner at Roy's.

 photo 99c5f93d-3964-4c88-b6fb-aea96c7ea6c0_zpsefb3dec5.jpg

We even had time for sunset at the pier before our limo turned back into a pumpkin.

 photo dac53770-0df8-48e3-aab2-f833c23180f6_zps5fdbd7f0.jpg

 photo a57a6fa6-895b-48c1-8b17-b7720ed24a8a_zps4f09d66b.jpg

And if you are wondering about the kids, they were not forgotten. They were even in on the surprise, those turkeys! They each had time to go for a quick spin in the limo. The fact that Darin arranged the kids' after school activities without my knowledge took this surprise to the next level. After 25 years, he is still a romantic at heart. The next morning it was hard to go back to reality. I could totally get used to riding in a limo with a driver at my beckon call. It will remain as the best memory from our 25th.

 photo e1477059-ce7e-423a-85bb-9da8c0bf629b_zps2e3d05a7.jpg

 photo 7477ba76-e81f-40de-b5b9-fd365801e777_zps2da1e39a.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of pictures in this post. Since this came as a total surprise I didn't have the dslr camera charged and ready to go.

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive