


I walked a distance to see the Temple of the Seven Dolls. On the Spring equinox, the sun rises so that it shines directly through one window of the temple and out the other.

Do you see that dark cloud forming? Do you remember me mentioning how we never seem to be prepared "on the spot"? I had carried my darn camera bag the entire day but decided to leave it in the visitor station while I trekked over the the temple. Wouldn't you know that after I snapped this photo it started to downpour and I was forced to sprint back to the visitor station while carrying my dslr camera under my clothing. It comes as a no surprise, once again, unprepared on the spot.
After my near camera disaster at the ruins I decided to leave my dslr on the ship while we enjoyed our second port, Cozumel. My sister in law, Karen, took us to an amazing beach club called Paradise Island. We spent the day snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding and swimming. There were other fun toys like the water trampoline, the climbing iceberg, and floating sun mat.
Next post: NOLA Round 2