Monday, December 31, 2012

All Wrapped Up

Sit back, relax and grab a cup of warm wassail as I "wrap up" our entire Christmas in one extra long blog post.  We headed north in search of cooler weather and (brr) did we find it.

DSC_0307

DSC_0320

Mackenzie and I enjoyed the cold weather. The boys, on the other hand, not so much. Per my request Grandpa had an extra large batch of his famous Christmas cookies waiting for us to frost. Decorating cookies was a holiday tradition when I was a kid.  Sadly, this tradition has been lost on my own kids.  I could never make cookies that tasted as good as my father's.  However, don't feel too sorry for my kids. The Texas Trash (Chex Mix) tradition still lives on in our household.  


DSC_0280

DSC_0286

DSC_0283

On Christmas Eve we attended mass at Our Lady of the Mountains in Jasper, Georgia.

DSC_0298

DSC_0296

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day exchanging gifts, skyping with extended family, assembling new toys, and especially eating.  Thanks Grandpa and Nana for all the wonderful meals you prepared.

After Christmas we did what we NaplesMorgans do best, we became tourists. We hit Atlanta with a vengeance. We visited Snow Mountain where we were able to go snow tubing.  We were able to zoom down a 400 foot hill in a family size tube but preferred going alone as single riders. We happened to pick the coldest day to visit Snow Mountain. While waiting in line for our tubes we experienced sleet, snow and hail.

We were able to convince Grandpa and Nana join us when we visited The New World of Coca-Cola.
   
DSC_0336

The adults enjoyed "Taste It" where you can take your taste buds on a trip around the world and sample over 60 different Coca-Cola products. The seasonal specialty was "gingerbread coke" and I must admit that it makes for an interesting flavor of coke.

DSC_0347

The kids enjoyed their complimentary glass bottle of coke which was made and bottled on site.

DSC_0354

 DSC_0358

Lastly, we participated in a freezing night walk at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. It was listed in Forbes 2012 as one of the 10 Dazzling Holiday Light Displays around the world. It was absolutely beautiful.

DSC_0360

DSC_0363-1

DSC_0365

DSC_0367-1

DSC_0374

We are back home in Naples and already missing that cold weather. My one and only regret from our entire trip is that I didn't get a picture of all six of us together.  Sorry Grandpa and Nana, I won't let that happen again.

This is our last post for 2012.  Here's wishing every one of our readers a healthy and happy new year. See all of you in 2013!

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive