Sunday, October 14, 2012

Homecoming 2012

This weekend was homecoming for Gulf Coast High.  Due to poor planning and even poorer execution this is the only picture that I have to share. I will spare you the details but needless to say I hope to never relive this photography nightmare again.

D4714C49-AD7E-4221-82DD-DCAA6330A561-7225-0000099398D781A5

Sorry I digressed, back to homecoming.  Foremost, Gulf Coast won their football game Friday night which is shocking since they have only won one other game this entire season.  The score was 3 to 0 but it was still no less a win.

As with every other homecoming there was a dance Saturday night. The new trend is to attend the dance with groups of friends rather than with dates.  Mackenzie organized a gathering of a few of her freshman friends at our house prior to the dance.  We had agreed to drive the girls to an upscale restaurant for dinner. Mackenzie and I had chosen the perfect place because it was full of other groups attending the dance as well. It was exciting to see all of them dressed to the nines. Darin and I sat at the bar as not to embarrass the girls.

I was so proud of Mackenzie. She and I had found the perfect dress in less than a two hour shopping spree at our local mall.  As a special treat, I took her to the nail salon the day of the dance but otherwise she did her own hair and makeup. She looked amazing!  But more importantly she had an even more amazing time at the dance. When asked if she would attend again next year, absolutely!

On a side note, the restaurant bill for the girls was a whopping 26 bucks.  The bar bill for Darin and I was even more than that.  No wonder the girls stay so slim.

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive