Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Greek for a Day

Darin already knows this place is on my bucket list.

Photobucket

But with the current uprising in Greece, the closest I will come to visiting is the annual Greek Festival at St. Katherine's Greek Orthodox Church. We made our 10th annual visit to the festival this weekend. Afterward I decided it would be fun to be Greek for a day. Wait a minute, I think I was Greek many years ago.

Photobucket

I think I even married a Greek. Sorry, I digress. After completing some online research I decided to prepare an authentic Greek meal at home. I threw on Mackenzie's Greek dancing scarf and prepared souvlaki and Greek orzo pasta.

Photobucket

The funny thing, after all that cooking, I ended up eating Italian when I received a last minute invitation to celebrate a co-worker's last week before taking maternity leave. At least my family enjoyed being Greek for a day. Although, I must admit being Italian isn't bad either.

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive