Saturday, July 24, 2010

Olde Naples

Most of this week was spent in Olde Naples while Mason and his friend, Ben, attended a Vacation Bible School together.

Mackenzie came down with a stomach bug and was unable to volunteer at this VBS. While Mason was busy, I was able to spend some free time enjoying Olde Naples. I met girlfriends for brunch at Jane's on 3rd street south and at the Cove Inn on Naples Bay, went shopping on 5th Ave and walked around the city dock.

Living in North Naples, we often forget how picturesque the downtown area can be. From these pictures, you can see why our town was named after the famous city in Italy.

Lastly, Darin and I hit the dance floor on Friday night at Olio on Naples Bay. I think we have officially become part of the ballroom dance circuit of Naples. Each time we find a new place to dance we notice it is the same people from the other dance venues. Last night the bartender even remembered us. We have officially become "regulars".

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive