Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Lost Art

This post is dedicated to my mother-in-law, Carolyn Morgan, and the lost art of crochet. Above are just a few of the many items she has made for Mackenzie and I. Fearing that this is becoming a lost art, I decided to take my first crochet class at a local craft store. After a 2 hour class, I was able to create the following swatch.
Now, could I do it again without the help of the instructor, I am not so sure. Luckily, I will be seeing my mother-in-law in June and I know she will be happy to help me. Carolyn, if you read the post, I really want to learn how to make crocheted flowers :)

Welcome

We are the NaplesMorgans and we have a dog (Wagner) who is 7, and he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, not the hairless but the double coated kind. Mason is 13, and he is a big fan of basketball and football. I work as a technology teacher at a local elementary school. Darin has his own business called Ascendant Wealth Management. Mackenzie is 16, and she loves to spend her time practicing for drumline and watching movies.

Blog Archive